Brennan Newberry Finishes 24th at Martinsville Speedway
Ready for a short-track showdown, Brennan Newberry qualified his No. 24 Qore-24 Chevrolet in the 31st position for the Kroger 200 at Martinsville (Va.) Speedway.
With the race in full action, Newberry moved up to 28th on lap three and with help from his spotter, Rick Carelli, slowly began his move toward the top 20.
Newberry reported to crew chief Eddie Pardue on lap 66 that his Silverado was "free getting in to the corners and had no grip getting off the corners." The team got their first break of the race to adjust on the No. 24 Qore-24 Chevrolet under the lap 68 caution, calling Newberry to pit road for four tires and fuel. Newberry restarted the race 21st.
Maintaining his position during the next two cautions, Newberry made his final scheduled stop of the race on lap 128 while under caution. The team changed four tires and added fuel. Newberry restarted the race in the 24th spot, one lap down to the leaders.
Fighting for the "Lucky Dog" position to return to the lead lap, Newberry spun on lap 181 in turn two, but sustained no damage. The team pitted to look over the No. 24 Silverado and to change tires and add fuel.
Over the closing laps of the Kroger 200, Newberry was able to dodge all of the late race incidents and secure the 24th position.
Brennan Newberry Post Race Thoughts:
"I am very proud of my NTS Motorsports team for bringing a great truck to Martinsville Speedway. The Kroger 200 was going as planned, and our Qore-24 truck was moving towards the front of the field: one by one. Unfortunately, the racing at Martinsville was very rough and I was turned around during tough racing -- towards the end of the race. I look forward to Texas Motor Speedway and getting the Qore-24 team the finish they deserve."
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- NBC Sports NASCAR Hot Pass presents hyper-focused simulcast coverage over 2019 Championship Four contenders on NBCSN
- Cole Custer and No. 00 Haas Automation Team Vie for 2019 NASCAR Xfinity Series Championship
- Kevin Harvick and No. 4 Busch Light Team Vie for 2019 Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Championship
- SS Green Light Racing Continues to Impress with Top-15 Runs in Phoenix
- Special Edition Championship 4 News & Notes - NASCAR Xfinity Series & NASCAR Gander Outdoors Truck Series