John Wes Townley Red Horse Racing Martinsville Speedway Post Race Report
John Wes Townley arrived at Martinsville Speedway bringing with him a lot of momentum having three consecutive top-10 finishes and five consecutive top-12 finishes over the last five races. The driver of the No. 7 Zaxby's Toyota Tundra qualified 17th and battled loose conditions at the beginning of the Kroger 200.
Townley drove a smart race, picking up positions one-by-one and holding steady in the 13th-place for the majority of the 200 lap event. The restart on lap 134 was a scuffle for position, forcing Townley back to the 18th spot. As the laps wound down, Townley continued to fight back for position claiming a 13th-place finish at the paperclip.
John Wes Townley talks about his race at Martinsville Speedway:
"Sadly, I think we had a better truck today than we finished. We had a top-10 truck but we just got hung out on a few of the restarts because of the positioning, lining up on the outside. When you are on the outside at this place it kind of hurts you. All-in-all a good day for the Zaxby's Toyota Tundra and we brought it home in one piece. We'll go to Texas next week and get back to top 10s."
Latest from Steven B. Wilson
- Power claims inaugural COTA pole, 56th of his career
- TruNorth Global 250 Results from Martinsville Speedway
- NASCAR’s Angela Ruch Signs with Niece Motorsports
- TruNorth Global 250 Starting Lineup at Martinsville
- Matt DiBenedetto Visits Virginia Beach in Advance of the TOYOTA OWNERS 400 at Richmond Raceway