Dakoda Armstrong NCWTS Post Race Report- Las Vegas Motor Speedway
Making his first career start at Las Vegas Motor Speedway on Saturday night, Dakoda Armstrong hoped for first-time luck to carry him to a much-needed solid finish in the 17th race of the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series season. Rolling the dice with a newly rebuilt WinField Silverado, crew chief Doug George and the Turn One Racing team began race day on Saturday behind the curve after discovering an issue with the right front fender that would require extensive repair and take away nearly the entire first practice session. Recovering from the repairs, Armstrong began the Smith's 350 from the 20th position and maintained a clean race; safely evading all nine cautions for incidents throughout the night and pulling through in the closing laps to come home 16th.
Though Armstrong was not able to receive the speed he needed to race to the front, he capitalized on his heads-up racing skills and quick reactions to dodge several incidents that unfolded in front of him throughout the event. Taking advantage of a scramble on the final restart with two to go, Armstrong dodged several competitors and pushed his way forward to a 16th place finish; gaining nearly five positions in the final lap.
"We started our weekend off behind due to some issues with the new body on this truck, and though it wasn't from lack of effort, we never fully recovered from that," Armstrong noted. "This WinField team has had a lot of obstacles thrown in our way, but we're not giving up on the rest of this season. We'll regroup in the off weeks coming up and give it all we can for the final five races."
Dakoda Armstrong PR
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- Antrel Rolle to Serve as Honorary Pace Car Driver for Ford EcoBoost 300 Championship Race at Homestead-Miami Speedway
- Daniel Hemric Joining JR Motorsports for Xfinity Series Action in 2020
- Brody Roa back in the #91R for the Western World Championships
- Jeremy Clements Racing and Fly & Form Structures set to Frame out the 2019 season at Homestead-Miami
- Will Rodgers, KELLY Benefit Strategies and Brandonbilt Motorsports Ready for Season Finale