John Wes Townley Iowa Speedway Post Race Report
John WesTownley returned to Iowa Speedway after having had his best showing in three starts at the 0.875 mile tri-oval in the series last visit to the track. In his last outing in the No. 7 Zaxby's Toyota Tundra, Townley qualified 14th and finished 12th. The team came to the track with notebooks full of information eager to top that finish.
The team qualified 15th and Townley spent most of the race in the middle of the pack driving a smart, conservative race as he battled a loose-handling race truck. Townley capitalized on his opportunity and beat his previous high finish crossing the line in 11th.
John Wes Townley talks about his 11th-place finish at Iowa Speedway:
"Yeah, it was a good recovery. We fought loose in all day, but we got it fixed at the end. We ended up with a pretty good finish. All the guys fought all day and that's all you can ask for. All in all, you've got to look at the whole week and it's a pretty good day for Zaxby's, it's a good day for Red Horse Racing and that's all you can ask for."
Latest from Steven B. Wilson
- 103rd Indianapolis 500 Starting Lineup
- Chandler Smith Dominates Rain-Shortened Sioux Chief PowerPEX 200 presented by Federated Car Care at Toledo Speedway
- Throwback Press Release: The 1960 World 600
- Decision to stay home pays off for Bobby Jones; Frankie Althouse and Mike Sweeney spilt Late Model mains
- Newman Finishes 13th in Wild All-Star Race