German Quiroga Iowa Speedway Post Race Report
In Newton, Iowa in July, Germán Quiroga and the No. 77 OtterBox Toyota Tundra captured the pole position and in doing so, set a new track record. This gives a driver confidence in his ability to negotiate his way around the track and Quiroga was ready to prove his mettle. Not qualifying where anticipated, in the 18th position, he quickly began to demonstrate his maturity as a driver by carefully picking his opportunities during the course of the race. By lap 65 he was running inside the top-10 and by lap 116 he was in 7th. The team calmly made their way through two green-white-checker finishes to take sixth place.
Germán Quiroga talks about his sixth-place finish Iowa Speedway:
"I'm happy. To be honest, I thought we were going to be out of the top-10. For a long time, we were out of the top-10, but my team never gave up. We changed engines yesterday and we kept on trying to make the truck better -- I don't know what happened to be honest -- but we didn't give up and it's good. We're going out with a sixth place. That's good for the points and I'm happy."
Latest from Steven B. Wilson
- Matt DiBenedetto Visits Virginia Beach in Advance of the TOYOTA OWNERS 400 at Richmond Raceway
- Pocono Raceway College Tour Announced, Zane Smith and Justin Haley To Visit Local Universities
- Ty Majeski joins Chad Bryant Racing for limited ARCA schedule
- Hulman Motorsports adds chief revenue officer to Executive Leadership Team
- Guldin Moving To Sportsman, Free To Public Practice March 30, Rogers Memorial April 6