German Quiroga: Canadian Tire Motorsport Park Post Race Report
Germán Quiroga and the No. 77 OtterBox Toyota Tundra team continue to grow and learn in his NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Rookie year. Quiroga qualified 12th and by lap 15 he was running inside the top 10 where he stayed for majority of the race. Crew chief Dan Stillman played fuel strategy well, keeping Quiroga out during a caution period because it was not within the fuel window to make it to the end. This was a good move as it put Quiroga in position to take the lead with 29 laps to go and picking up bonus points for leading the race. After the team pitted, Quiroga dropped back into the 19th position and made a charge for the front. Unfortunately, with four laps to go, a competitor slammed into Quiroga resulting in a spin which relegated him to a 15th-place finish.
Germán Quiroga talks about racing at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park:
"We had a really fast OtterBox Toyota Tundra that was good enough to be in victory lane. These races keep getting away from us. Our chance is coming and it's coming soon. I'm really looking forward returning to Iowa Speedway next weekend."
Latest from Steven B. Wilson
- Pit Stop of a Different Kind: International Motorsports Hall of Fame Outside Talladega Superspeedway a Must Visit This Week
- Starting Times Announced For Eldora Season Opener
- What’s Happenin’?! It’s Race Week at Talladega Superspeedway – Drivers and Fans Anxious for All that Awaits during Tripleheader Weekend
- Pit Viper Sunglasses To Serve As Primary Sponsor For Vinnie Miller and The No. 78 BJ McLeod Motorsports Team In Talladega
- Skillet & Sevendust to Rock Virginia Credit Union LIVE! at Richmond Raceway on Tuesday, August 13