Eddie Sharp Racing To Become Sharp Gallaher Racing
NASCAR Camping World Truck Series team owner Eddie Sharp Jr. announced today that as he has formed a partnership with businessman Bill Gallaher of Santa Rosa, California, creating Sharp Gallaher Racing.
Gallaher is a successful real estate developer specializing in premium retirement communities and is Chairman of the Board of First Community Bank, based in Santa Rosa, California. He brings to SGR a business background that will raise the bar in Camping World Truck Series competition both on and off the race track.
"Eddie has proven he is a winner, not only in racing but also as a person which is exactly what I look for in a successful business combination," stated Gallaher "I am very pleased to be part of this exciting team and look forward to using my expertise to bring this team to a new level of success.".
"Bill coming on board is a game changer," commented Sharp. "We have aggressive plans to step this team up as a premier organization in NASCAR and Bill's partnership makes that possible. I am so humbled and thankful to Bill for his trust in me and our organization."
Eddie Sharp Racing was formed in 2005 and has had its share of success winning the 2009 ARCA Racing Series presented by Menards Championship as well as 19 ARCA Racing Series events. ESR was also runner up in the ARCA Racing Series Championship three times in 2007, 2008 and 2010 before entering the Camping World Truck Series in 2011. In 2012 ESR won two Camping World Truck Series events with drivers Justin Lofton (Charlotte Motor Speedway) and Cale Gale (Homestead-Miami Speedway).
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- Statement from Richmond Raceway President Dennis Bickmeier on Seven-Time NASCAR Cup Series Champion Jimmie Johnson
- Statement from NASCAR Chairman & CEO Jim France on Jimmie Johnson retirement
- FOX NASCAR Analysts React to Jimmie Johnson's Announced Retirement Following 2020 NASCAR Season
- IMS Salutes Four-Time Brickyard Winner Johnson upon Retirement Announcement
- Route 66 Raceway announces 2020 major event schedule