Chad Hackenbracht ARCA Racing Series Winner is ready to tackle the "Tricky Triangle"
Since making the announcement to drive for Kyle Busch Motorsports (KBM) behind the wheel of the No. 51 Tastee Apple/Ingersoll Rand Toyota Tundra in four NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) races in 2013, Chad Hackenbracht has had the 2.5-mile "Tricky Triangle" circled on his calendar. As the 2012 winner of the ARCA Racing Series August race, the 21-year-old New Philadelphia, Ohio native is ready to get back behind the wheel of the No. 51 Tundra and this time, he's looking for redemption at one of his favorite tracks - Pocono (Pa.) Raceway.
Hackenbracht, who made his NCWTS debut behind the wheel of the No. 51 machine at Texas Motor Speedway in Fort Worth, had high hopes leading up to his debut at the 1.5-mile track. However, an accident on lap 41 of 167 ended his night early and relegated the rookie to a 26th-place finish.
Fortunately, for "@Hockensomethin" he enters his second career Truck Series event with something he didn't have at Texas - seat time. Although he will sit behind the wheel of a Toyota Tundra for the first time at Pocono, the Truck Series rookie has completed 356 laps around the 2.5-mile superspeedway in the ARCA Racing Series. As a challenging three-turn track, Hackenbracht feels confident that his KBM team, strong equipment and experience will take him places at Pocono. Instead of spending a lot of time getting to know his Toyota Tundra and finding his way around the unique track, he will be able to eliminate one variable in hopes of formulating a solid run for his KBM team. His goals; finish the race and gain the most points possible - to help propel the No. 51 team back into the direction of a NCWTS Owner's Championship.
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- NASCAR National Series News & Notes - Bristol Motor Speedway
- Market Scan to sponsor Mike Wallace at Indy's NASCAR inaugural road course race
- Get Your First Look at NASCAR Heat 5 with its New Gameplay Reveal Trailer
- Busch Brothers Call Monday's Rescheduled NASCAR Xfinity Series Race from Bristol Motor Speedway Live on FS1 and FOX Deportes at 7:00 PM ET
- LIVE Late Model Dirt and American Sprint Car Race Coverage Featured in LORTV June Broadcast Schedule