John Wes Townley and his No. 7 Zaxby's Toyota Tundra earned the 24th qualifying spot which placed him in heat No. 4 lining up fifth. Townley found his groove around the half-mile clay track and finished his heat race in the sixth position, starting the 150-lap main feature in the 24th position. Immediately, Townley maneuvered his way into the 22nd position. The Zaxby's driver reported lacking overall grip and would need an adjustment after the first segment completed. NASCAR confirmed the Lap 54 caution would serve as the end of the first segment bringing teams in for their first pit stop.
John Wes Townley Eldora Speedway Post Race Report
The second 50-lap segment was a change for the No. 7 team as Townley reported his Tundra was too tight. When the second segment ended, the Zaxby's driver was scored 24th. The final leg of the show, 40-laps of hard racing, Townley held his own and finished in the 22nd position.
John Wes Townley talks about his race at Eldora Speedway:
"I knew it was going to be interesting and it certainly was. We didn't have the best finish, but we came here in survival mode and that's what we did. I don't think anybody knew what to expect and we did our best with our Zaxby's Toyota Tundra. It's been a big learning curve for the team but all-in-all, I am pretty happy with our results."
Latest from Steven B. Wilson
- Matt DiBenedetto Visits Virginia Beach in Advance of the TOYOTA OWNERS 400 at Richmond Raceway
- Pocono Raceway College Tour Announced, Zane Smith and Justin Haley To Visit Local Universities
- Ty Majeski joins Chad Bryant Racing for limited ARCA schedule
- Hulman Motorsports adds chief revenue officer to Executive Leadership Team
- Guldin Moving To Sportsman, Free To Public Practice March 30, Rogers Memorial April 6