German Quiroga Eldora Speedway Post Race Report
German Quiroga and his No. 77 OtterBox Toyota Tundra team faced a new type of surface as they qualified 35th and lined up seventh in the fifth and final heat. Quiroga was able to collect two positions and finish the eight lap heat in fifth. His finish moved him to the 25th starting position for the 150-lap main. Trying to figure out which line fit him best, Quiroga nestled into the 26th position for most of the first segment. When the caution was displayed at lap 54, Quiroga was scored 27th and looking for more grip on the bottom grove.
The OtterBox driver reported needing an adjustment on his Tundra with 17 laps remaining in the second segment. Quiroga picked up five positions and was scored 22nd when the field was brought to pit road for the final stop. The team made an air pressure adjustment and he was off. It was lap 120 when Quiroga moved into the 20th position continue to fight for position. When the checkered flag waived, it was a 20th-place finish for the No. 77 OtterBox team at Eldora Speedway. The team picked up two positions in the point standings, now 14th.
Germán Quiroga talks about his race at Eldora Speedway:
"Our qualifying position really put us behind at the start. My limited dirt experience did not help me with our heat race. We had a really difficult time passing and we were as good as anybody else. The OtterBox Toyota Tundra is fast and we have proven that, so I know we will make a turn-around next weekend at Pocono."
Latest from Steven B. Wilson
- NBC Sports Surrounds 103rd Indianapolis 500 Presented by Gainbridge With Nearly 50 Hours of Coverage This Week on NBC And NBCSN
- NASCAR Pays Homage to Military Heroes in Return of NASCAR Salutes Refreshed by Coca-Cola
- PEAK Coolant & Antifreeze Joins Bowyer for Special Weekend
- MAVTV Late Models Return To Madera For Military Tribute Night
- Michael Self Turns Up the Heat Heads to Charlotte Next