Joey Coulter Iowa Speedway - A Field of Dreams
Kyle Busch Motorsports (KBM) has 20 Truck Series victories since making its debut in 2010, however, Iowa Speedway is one of nine tracks on the 2013 schedule that the young organization has not yet conquered. Joey Coulter and his No. 18 Darrell Gwynn Foundation team hope to change that stat in this weekend's American Ethanol 200 presented by Enogen at Iowa Speedway. Although the team has had their share of heartaches in the first eight races of the season, Coulter feels as though the team is focused and has what it takes to make a little noise in the remaining 14 races - starting with this weekend's first of two NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) event's in the Hawkeye State.
Coulter has 55 Truck Series starts since 2010, including 11 starts on a short track (anything under a mile in length), and boast the highest percentage rate (36%) for finishing in the top five than any other type of track on the circuit. In nine superspeedway (2 miles +) starts, Coulter has finished in the top five 11% of the time and in 35 intermediate (1-2 miles in length) starts, has finished in top five 26% of the time.
As a veteran or a rookie you know that planting a garden requires work. Coulter and the No. 18 Toyota team feel as though the soil has been prepared, the seeds have been sown, and the garden watered. Their field of dreams would be seeing the crop bud in the cornfields of Central Iowa this weekend in an effort to harvest a victory for KBM and cross another track off their hit list.
Latest from Steven B. Wilson
- NBC Sports Surrounds 103rd Indianapolis 500 Presented by Gainbridge With Nearly 50 Hours of Coverage This Week on NBC And NBCSN
- NASCAR Pays Homage to Military Heroes in Return of NASCAR Salutes Refreshed by Coca-Cola
- PEAK Coolant & Antifreeze Joins Bowyer for Special Weekend
- MAVTV Late Models Return To Madera For Military Tribute Night
- Michael Self Turns Up the Heat Heads to Charlotte Next