Moffitt set for Kentucky, Truck Series debuts with AISIN
Brett Moffitt, currently second in the NASCAR K&N Pro Series East championship, will make his NASCAR Camping World Truck Series debut in the No. 13 AISIN Toyota Tundra in Thursday's UNOH 225 at Kentucky Speedway.
Moffitt, 20, a native of Grimes, Iowa, has nine victories in 54 career K&N East starts and even better, has 33 top-five and 40 top-10 finishes in 56 K&N Pro Series races, including two K&N West events.
Moffitt, who's never finished outside the top-three in points in four full K&N East seasons, will also make his Kentucky Speedway debut on the longest oval track on which he's ever raced.
"Brett did a really good job last year for us in the NASCAR K&N Pro Series East, finishing 3rd in the championship points," HRE owner Shigeaki Hattori said. "I wanted to give Brett the opportunity to race in the Truck Series and showcase his talent."
The No. 13 Toyota has been driven in the season's first seven races by Todd Bodine, who has the truck 17th in the current NCWTS owners' standings.
Even though Moffitt's thus a guaranteed starter on the bumpy, fast 1.5-mile oval in Sparta, Ky., he's displayed some speed in his K&N career, where he averages a pole every fifth race. In 2012, he twice won from the pole position, at Richmond and Clearfield, Pa.
HRE would like to thank its long-time sponsors AISIN and Central Motor Wheel for their continued support over the years.
Latest from Steven B. Wilson
- Matt DiBenedetto Visits Virginia Beach in Advance of the TOYOTA OWNERS 400 at Richmond Raceway
- Pocono Raceway College Tour Announced, Zane Smith and Justin Haley To Visit Local Universities
- Ty Majeski joins Chad Bryant Racing for limited ARCA schedule
- Hulman Motorsports adds chief revenue officer to Executive Leadership Team
- Guldin Moving To Sportsman, Free To Public Practice March 30, Rogers Memorial April 6