Jared Landers joins ESR for Eldora classic
Dirt late model standout driver Jared Landers of Batesville, Arkansas, has signed with ESR for NASCAR's spectacular inaugural dirt show at Eldora Speedway.
Tony Stewart's inaugural "Mudsummer Classic", which will be NASCAR's first national series event on dirt since 1970, has been the talk of the town as most NCWTS teams prepare for their first dirt race. This however is not the first dirt race for ESR as they have competed and won dirt races in the ARCA Racing Series.
"It's gonna be a wild event since not many know what to expect, but Jared is an ace on dirt and we have great people and equipment to handle the job. It's sure going to be fun", states team owner, Eddie Sharp.
"I'm really excited to get to race in the Truck Series. We've been talking about this race for a long time and now that's it's a reality, I'm excited and ready to go to Eldora," stated Jared Landers.
Landers', a full time driver for Clint Bowyer Racing, is also the current track record holder in at dirt late model at Eldora Speedway, and most recently competed in the Dream 100 there on June 8.
Sponsorship support comes from Mark Martin Automotive of Batesville, Arkansas, Peak Motor Oil and Crawford Supply/Traeger Grills.
ESR is putting together several trucks for the dirt and road course events on this year's NASCAR Camping World Truck Series schedule. "We have a lot of fresh and exciting things happening at ESR, we have a great program with Max Gresham in the #8 and racing with Jared (Landers) at Eldora is another great step" stated Sharp.
Latest from Steven B. Wilson
- Thrill Seekers: Prepare To Go Over The Edge For A Worthy Cause At The Last Great Colosseum
- Iconic Names of Gordon, Earnhardt Jr. Rule the 2000s at Talladega
- Newman, No. 6 Team Quite the Buzz, but Hungry for More
- Defending ARCA Menards Series Champion Sheldon Creed to be Inducted into International Motorsports Hall of Fame ARCA Wall of Champions
- Late Model Drivers Looking Forward, Not To The Past Headed Into Saturday’s South Boston Race