WELCOME TO THE TEAM: This weekend beginning at Dover (Del.) International Speedway, Darrell Wallace, Jr. will welcome Camping World and Good Sam to his No. 54 Toyota Tundra as the primary sponsor for 11 races this season in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series. The 2013 Sunoco Rookie of the Year Contender will be making his sixth-career start in the Series and his fifth-career start at the one-mile oval track. He has three K&N Series starts (2010-2012), with one win in 2011, and one NASCAR Nationwide Series start (2012). His last three starts at the ‘Monster Mile’ have been from the pole position.
“Dover is my favorite track to go to and I’m looking forward to getting there with Camping World and Good Sam on board the No. 54 Toyota Tundra this weekend,” said Wallace. “It’s very exciting to know we have a sponsor on board to help us through the rest of the races this year and support our program. Now we have to continue to make our program better from behind the scenes and go out there ready to win.”
"We are very excited to be the primary sponsor of Darrell's team for the upcoming races," said Marcus Lemonis, Chairman and CEO of Camping World and Good Sam. "He is a great young driver and we look for continued success from him during the 2013 racing season."
Both founded in 1966, Camping World and Good Sam are the world’s largest retailer of recreational vehicles and the world’s largest RV owner’s organization. Camping World offers every outdoor enthusiasts with a one-stop-shop for all needs to support the RV lifestyle from tailgating at a local sporting event to camping in the great outdoors. To add to the camping experience, Good Sam members receive a variety of services including Roadside Assistance, Financing, Insurance, Discounts at parks, campgrounds and events, as well as 30 percent off at Camping World SuperCenters nationwide and online.
Taking the next step to reach sport and outdoor enthusiasts, Camping World joined NASCAR as the Truck Series title sponsor in 2009 and also became the Official RV and Outdoor Retailer of NASCAR. Race fans can also find Camping World mobile stores at select race tracks throughout the season for all their camping and tailgating needs.
Following this weekend’s Lucas Oil 200 at Dover International Speedway, Camping World and Good Sam will appear on the No. 54 Toyota Tundra for 10 additional races this season as the primary sponsor.
- · MEETING THE FANS: Fans at Dover International Speedway this weekend may see a familiar face on Friday, May 31 as Darrell Wallace, Jr. visits the campgrounds to meet fans and give out Camping World swag. Be on the lookout between 12:30 and 1 p.m. on Friday for the driver of the No. 54 Camping World/Good Sam Toyota Tundra!
- · FOUR THE POLE! This weekend Darrell Wallace, Jr. will look to score his fourth straight pole at Dover International Speedway. Last season in his fourth-career NASCAR Nationwide Series start, Wallace earned a 12th-place finish after starting from the pole position. His two previous poles came in 2011 and 2012, resulting in a win and a second-place finish, respectively. Wallace claims his ‘Miles the Monster’ trophy from his 2011 K&N Series win as his favorite to date.
- · AUTOGRAPH SESSION: Darrell Wallace, Jr. will join fellow NASCAR Camping World Truck Series stars on Friday, May 31 from 1:30 – 2:15 p.m. at the Lucas Oil display at Dover International Speedway for an autograph session. Stop by to meet Wallace and the drivers of the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series.
- · ROOKIE UPDATE: Following his 27th-Place finish at Charlotte Motor Speedway on May 17, 2013, Darrell Wallace, Jr. remains third in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Rookie of the Year Standings. Jeb Burton continues to lead the standings, 16 points in front of Wallace.
- · ALONG FOR THE RIDE: As a new face in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) this season, follow Rookie of the Year Contender Darrell Wallace, Jr., better known as Bubba Wallace, as he chronicles his journey in the social media world. Follow Wallace on Twitter and Instagram: @BubbaWallace. Be prepared for an exciting year as Wallace makes his way around the NCWTS circuit, and looks to add many first to his growing racing resume.