• After a one-hour practice, drivers participated in single-car qualifying.
• Qualifying set the respective fields for the two heat races.
• Drivers who qualified in an odd position (first, third, fifth, etc.) were placed in Heat No. 1.
• Drivers who qualified in an even position (second, fourth, sixth, etc.) were placed in Heat No. 2.
• Each heat race was 50 laps, and each included 16 drivers.
• Heat races set the field for the 150-lap feature.
• Heat No. 1 winner: William Byron of Hendrick Motorsports
• Heat No. 2 winner: John Hunter Nemechek of Front Row Motorsports